noprefix mount option
Kevin Wilson
2013-11-29 14:36:49 UTC
Hello,
I hope this is the right place to ask.
As far as I know, the noprefix mount option is valid only for cpuset.

I ran the following sequence of Fedora 18, 3.6.10-4.fc18.x86_64:

mkdir /mytest
mount -t tmpfs testcg /mytest
mkdir /mytest/testprefix
mount -t cgroup -o noprefix,cpuset testnonprefix /mytest/testprefix/

I expected that entries under /mytest/testprefix/ will be without the
"cpuset" prefix. However, this is what I get:

ls /mytest/testprefix/
cgroup.clone_children cpuset.memory_pressure_enabled
cgroup.event_control cpuset.memory_spread_page
cgroup.procs cpuset.memory_spread_slab
cpuset.cpu_exclusive cpuset.mems
cpuset.cpus cpuset.sched_load_balance
cpuset.mem_exclusive cpuset.sched_relax_domain_level
cpuset.mem_hardwall notify_on_release
cpuset.memory_migrate release_agent
cpuset.memory_pressure tasks

any ideas ? Am I missing something ?

regards,
Kevin
Li Zefan
2013-11-30 00:49:29 UTC
Kevin Wilson
2013-11-30 10:51:24 UTC
Hello,
Yes you are right. When I tested it again now on Ubuntu, after reboot,
it was as expected.
Thanks,
Kevin
Post by Li Zefan
Post by Kevin Wilson
Hello,
I hope this is the right place to ask.
As far as I know, the noprefix mount option is valid only for cpuset.
mkdir /mytest
mount -t tmpfs testcg /mytest
mkdir /mytest/testprefix
mount -t cgroup -o noprefix,cpuset testnonprefix /mytest/testprefix/
I expected that entries under /mytest/testprefix/ will be without the
ls /mytest/testprefix/
cgroup.clone_children cpuset.memory_pressure_enabled
cgroup.event_control cpuset.memory_spread_page
cgroup.procs cpuset.memory_spread_slab
cpuset.cpu_exclusive cpuset.mems
cpuset.cpus cpuset.sched_load_balance
cpuset.mem_exclusive cpuset.sched_relax_domain_level
cpuset.mem_hardwall notify_on_release
cpuset.memory_migrate release_agent
cpuset.memory_pressure tasks
any ideas ? Am I missing something ?
I've tried this, and it works for me.
# mount -t cgroup -o noprefix,cpuset xxx /cgroup
# ls /cgroup
cgroup.clone_children mem_hardwall mems
cgroup.event_control memory_migrate notify_on_release
cgroup.procs memory_pressure release_agent
cpu_exclusive memory_pressure_enabled sched_load_balance
cpus memory_spread_page sched_relax_domain_level
mem_exclusive memory_spread_slab tasks
# umount /cgroup
# mount -t cgroup -o cpuset xxx /cgroup
# ls /cgroup
cgroup.clone_children cpuset.mem_hardwall cpuset.mems
cgroup.event_control cpuset.memory_migrate cpuset.sched_load_balance
cgroup.procs cpuset.memory_pressure cpuset.sched_relax_domain_level
cpuset.cpu_exclusive cpuset.memory_pressure_enabled notify_on_release
cpuset.cpus cpuset.memory_spread_page release_agent
cpuset.mem_exclusive cpuset.memory_spread_slab tasks
# mount -t cgroup -o noprefix,cpuset xxx /cgroup2/
# ls /cgroup2/